Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool (WCT/UP), under the administrative authority of Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) – one of nine (9) educational service districts established by the Washington Legislature to realize economic efficiencies and program effectiveness through centralization and pooling of services and resources – is a self-insured group program that provides coverage for, and management of, workplace injuries and unemployment claims for 34 school districts, PSESD, and their 45,000 employees in King, Kitsap, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties. Districts receive professional claims management services and expertise from seasoned claim professionals to minimize the total cost of risk. Participating school districts own the Trust and Pool, with all premiums building equity to offset costs.
Lead the industry in claims and risk management solutions for regional educational communities.
Minimize member school districts’ total cost of unemployment and workers’ compensation risk by delivering unsurpassed pool administration, claims management and loss control services.
- Instill and sustain execution of best-practice loss control strategies to prevent exposure. (Loss Control)
- Proactively identify and quantify claim exposure to project probable ultimate loss in a timely manner. (Claim Reserving)
- Integrate evidence-based medical management and cost containment strategies to maximize medical improvement for injured workers, minimize medical loss and facilitate timely return-to-work. (Medical Cost Management)
- Incorporate legal oversight to persuasively and assertively defend, protect, and negotiate in the best interest of the organization and member school districts in mitigating legal exposure up to and including permanent resolution. (Litigation Management)
- Cultivate and maintain collaborative, influential, and productive relationships with member school districts to facilitate adoption of a sustained, best-practice, safety and risk management culture. (Relationship Management)